His career began in the Emerging Media department at JWT’s New York offices, before joining the Brand Strategy and Emerging Media department at 360i. There he pioneered real-time social media marketing with his work on Oreo, securing the first social media Guinness World Record and the famous Oreo Super Bowl Blackout Tweet, among other notable campaigns.
Leo’s professional focus is on how the intersection of different technologies can be leveraged to support both businesses and people. The passion for this space led him to a position at global professional services company Accenture and leadership positions at Expion/Sysomos (enterprise SaaS social media management and research platform). He worked across marketing, change management, and sales. Leo secured millions of dollars in business from industry leaders such as Mondelez, Subway, and The Estee Lauder Companies and trained over 200 salespeople. He also spent time in sales and marketing leadership positions for artificial intelligence and blockchain startups.
Leo combines his marketing and sales knowledge to help people in all fields reach their full potential by speaking around the world, mentoring, consulting, blogging, and podcasting. Leo is also a social media and MarTech adjunct professor and teaches at West Virginia University and Iowa State University.
More on Leo:
- Social Media Strategies Summit, NYC (October 2019)
- Stukent Digital Summit, Online (August 2019)
- INTEGRATE – Morgantown, WV (May 2019)
- Talent Network – Guadalajara, Mexico (April 2019)
- UT Social Media Week – Knoxville Tennesse (February 2019)
- Real Time Summit – Chattanooga, TN (October 2018)
- Digital Association – Louisville, KY (October 2018)
- The Future of Work Powered by AI – Boulder, CO (April 2018)
- Drake University – Des Moines, IA (March 2018)
- Colorado Mesa University – Grand Junction, CO (February 2018)
- Interactive Advertising Bureau – Mexico City, Mexico (August 2017)
- American Academy of Advertising Conference – Boston, MA (March 2017)
- Sysomos Summit – Raleigh, NC (March 2017)
- Seton Hall University – South Orange, NJ
- Virginia Tech University – Blacksburg, VA
Hello everyone! My name is Karen Freberg and I am an Associate Professor at the University of Louisville and an On-line Instructor for the Integrated Marketing Communications program at West Virginia University. I got my Ph.D. at beautiful University of Tennessee in Knoxville in 2011. I would consider myself to be “Dr. Freberg 2.0” since the original is my Mom.
Along with teaching, I am also a research consultant in social media and crisis communications and has worked with several organizations and agencies such as Firestorm Solutions, Hootsuite, Kentucky Derby Festival, IMC Agency, DHS, CDC, National Center for Food Protection and Defense (NCFPD), Kentucky Organ Donor Affiliates, and the Colorado Ski Association. This experience lead me to be a 2015 Plank Center Fellow for General Motors (GM), where my responsibility was to work with the PR and social media teams forming best practices and recommendations on social media measurement strategies and influencer marketing practices.
I have coordinated and advised various companies on the areas of social media pedagogy and certification programs, such as Hootsuite (Advanced Social Media Certification and #HootAmb), Meltwater (certification program), Adobe (EDUMax Thought Leader), and Hubspot (Education program and podcast).
Experienced Digital Manager with a demonstrated history of working in the digital media industry. Skilled in Film Production, Television, Adobe Premiere Pro (Video editing) & Photoshop, Digital Media, and Journalism. Strong professional with a Cinema & Television Arts focused in Television Production/Journalism BA from California State University-Northridge.